Search This Blog

Thursday, February 07, 2008

This is my family. My Mumma, Dada and Babui(dad). I decided to write something different today. Indeed these three are the most wonderful gifts of God in my life, among all the people that I have known in all these years.
Let me start -
Mumma - She's a very beautiful woman. I love her eyes and her smile. She's also very naughty...! Sometimes when she's really in mood for fun, she'll dance around and make funny faces till we're all splitting with laughter. She's very approachable, hence I keep talking to her and telling her all that's happening in my life...specially what God's doing in my life. I remember from the days of old, how we've fought, made up, fought again. I was very stubborn, and she was equally stubborn! hehe, we have had lovely fights!! But praise God, through them all, I've known her to be my best friend. She can't tolerate ANYONE speaking against me or my brother!! And she misses me....:) aww... i love her.

Babui - For the first five years of my life, I believed Babui was a bengali word meant to be used for a father. haha..I was mistaken, it was the word my brother used to call dad when he couldn't say Baba(the actual bengali word used for the same)!! Anyway, Babui is one of the nicest people I've ever met. He's truly simple at heart, and very very intelligent. He's so quick and intelligent, that we all seem to bore him sometimes! :D I've spent years rebelling against him, and yet when the time came for me to leave him, I can still remember how he was kissing me goodbye at Borivli station. And he kept telling his friend, "Take care of my daughter."Sigh... it brings tears to my eyes to just think about it again. But, oh well, this is life. And yea, whenever I visit them at home now, my dad gives me the longest hugs! :)

Dada - That means 'brother'. My brother is five years elder than me, and as is very expected, he has been the protective, concerned brother all these years. He takes good care of me, and is always ready with advice if I ask him about anything. The few incidents I remember very vividly are when we used to go for walks at night, during the loadshedding in Indore.. When we used to go out to have dinner, and drive around late night.. :) Oh, and also all the ice-cream treats he gave me at Top-n-Town!! :D yum yum.. Also some incidents from the earlier years... When we were playing around and I was blindfolded. I happened to bang my head to the wall, and because I was very young, he came running, and hugged me. Oh there are so many more.. But I'll share just one more - When I got my results of 12th Standard CBSE board exams - they had wrongly declared my math marks as 33, and I had actually got 81. This was rectified two months later, but the day I got my results, he had specially called me in his room, and sat beside me, comforting me, because I was at my wits' end. God bless my brother...!!!

People, today I am feeling especially thankful for my family.. Its not that we never had tough times. In fact, we've survived some of the worst things that can befall a family. But, God was with us throughout. :) And I am thankful for everything, and everyone in my family.
Oh and yea.. not to forget...Buto!!(Black Beauty)


She's my koochie koooooo!! :D muah muah!!

1 comment:

Jaison said...

This is lovely Rin.... May God strengthen the beautiful bond that you share with your family...

:) God bless!!!