Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Available.

What does it mean to be available? This thought was plaguing my head since a few hours. And, I finally gave in to it, and searched for the dictionary meaning on the net. And its as if, somethings were put into the right perspective immediately.
Le me share with you what I found out there..

available
adj 1: obtainable or accessible and ready for use or service; "kept a fire extinguisher available"; "much information is available through computers"; "available in many colors"; "the list of available candidates is unusually available"

When I read this part, I knew what it meant. But when it comes to being available for God, how do I make sure I am doing the right things, and being Obtainable, Accesible, Ready for use?
Then I went on-->

2: not busy; not otherwise committed; "he was not available for comment"; "he was available and willing to accompany her" [syn: uncommitted]

It all made sense suddenly. And it was exactly in line with the correction meted out by God to me recently...

To NOT BE OTHERWISE COMMITTED is the key to it all! If I choose to NOT commit myself to anything without God's approval, that is the
only way I can be available to Him. And I mean, right down to the level of our thoughts and dreams, and not just our actions and deeds. Let us take the stand to not
even commit our THOUGHTS to anything without the Lord's approval. Only then will be be soft and pliable in His hands...

Obtainable, Accessible and Ready for use... Not being already committed to something...

2 comments:

Grave_Robber said...

Rinz eventhough i don't comprehend the full sense of what you hv written "even commit our THOUGHTS to anything without the Lord's approval" i remember the verse that says in Psalms "God is the one who fills our heart with good desires".
But its also happened to be that the thoughts that i hv never imagined caoming to mind somtimes. But surely we can control our thots.

Unknown said...

:) well, God does ask us in His Word to bring every thought captive to Christ. So, yes you're rite, we CAN control our thoughts. Wat I exactly meant, was to not commit our hearts/minds to anything unless we know its God's plan for us.

And thanks for the comment! :) God bless you.