Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Isaiah6:1-7
Isaiah sees the Holy Almighty God seated on the throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filling the temple. The seraphim standing and crying to one another, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory!"

Mark1:40
The leper sees Jesus. The same God..only His glory wasn't apparent to the naked eye. The same "I AM THAT I AM".. Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, the Alpha and the Omega...as mere man, yet fully God.

Isaiah saw the glory and was cut to the core. He cried out in repentance, "Woe is me!" Surely there was no hope now!
The leper, according to the law, an outcast; thrown out of the society after making his head bare and tearing his clothes. Surely there was no hope now!
"I am undone Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips..." How profound.."I am undone ... I've lost all that i have done in my life.. my very being is at stake. I am a sinner!!!!! The holiness of His Majesty is so awesome. What should I do? Where should I hide myself ?"

The leper looked at Jesus. I know not what he saw, because the Word says, "When we see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him". Yet he came to Jesus. Imploring, begging, pleading, kneeling down, probably taking the chance of his life. After all, Jesus could have asked him to go away. He was a leper after all...an outcast. "If you are willing....You can make me clean."


Now picture yourself, a sinner, cut off from God's kingdom. Probably choking in the sea of your own sins and iniquities. Coming to Jesus and sayin, "Woe is me, for I am undone! A sinner and I live among sinners! But Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean." You're wondering if there's any hope for you now.

Then occurs the greatest miracle of all---SALVATION!

The seraphim flew to Isaiah, a live coal taken from the altar, the place where sacrifices were offered. He touched it to the lips of Isaiah, and said, "Behold this has touched you, your iniquity is taken away and your sins purged."

Jesus moved with coimpassion, put out His hand and touched the leper. No, not the live coal from the periodic sacrifices that are offered on the altar, but the Supreme Sacrifice, the "Lamb that was slain" touched the leper.


Today too, Jesus touches us, and says, "I am willing; be cleansed."

All glory be to God!

1 comment:

Switchblade said...

Thanks for the insight and the encouraging post Rini...