Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Just the other day I was praying in the morning with my Bible open in my lap.. And reminiscing the prophetic instruction that I had failed to obey immediately (and I had paid for it heavily since now the door was just not opening for years together)

And for a second I felt so despondent, that I had missed out on the chance God had given me! It felt like I had shut all doors and one would never open. And immediately my eyes fell on my next day's Bible reading - Psalm 86

I'm telling you, this was none other than God speaking to me!

Psalm 86 : 1-7

A prayer of David.

1 Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer;
answer me, for I need your help.
2 Protect me, for I am devoted to you.
Save me, for I serve you and trust you.
You are my God.
3 Be merciful to me, O Lord,
for I am calling on you constantly.
4 Give me happiness, O Lord,
for I give myself to you.
5 O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.
6 Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord;
hear my urgent cry.
7 I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble,
and you will answer me.

I might have forgotten that God is ready to forgive, abounding in mercy and slow to anger.... But God never fails to remind us. In my desperate hours, when I am silent before the Lord, I realise His Holy Spirit is ever whispering words of comfort. He knows we'll miss the mark, not just once, but many times. Still He's chosen us. Its an amazing privilege. Since the time I've been saved, I've always stuck to this word "privilege", and indeed it is! Just to sit there every morning, at the feet of Jesus, in close intimacy with the Holy Spirit is a privilege. And over and above the fact that He allows us to enter into His presence,

Ps 86 : 15-17

15 But you, O Lord,
are a God of compassion and mercy,
slow to get angry
and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.
16 Look down and have mercy on me.
Give your strength to your servant;
save me, the son of your servant.
17 Send me a sign of your favor.
Then those who hate me will be put to shame,
for you, O Lord, help and comfort me.

No comments: